Your Window and Patio Door Guide and Checklist
Whether you’re building a new home or renovating the place where you’ve lived for years, you’re just a few easy steps from finding windows and doors with the function, design and performance options to match your needs, architecture and budget. Let’s get started.
6 Easy Steps
1. Determine your project
- Are you building a new home or an addition to your current home? You’ll find a Ply Gem new construction window and door series ideal for your project and budget.
- Renovating your existing home or simply replacing your windows? Ply Gem has the perfect replacement window and door series for you.
2. Decide on a window or door style
Choosing the right window and door style begins with understanding what style will complement your home’s architectural design while offering the functionality you are looking for. Do you want windows that are easy to clean? Are you looking for abundant natural light or fresh air? Learn more about different window and door styles and how they can help complete your home project.
3. Choose a window & door material
From aluminum-clad wood and vinyl to wood composite and aluminum, we offer windows and doors in a variety of materials to meet your design, performance and architectural needs. Discover the unique advantages of each and which would be best for your home and budget.
4. Identify your performance needs
Now that you’ve selected your style and material, it’s time to explore the benefits different glass options can deliver to your home day after day.
- Increase Energy-efficiency and Comfort
- ENERGY STAR® Qualified Products
- Reduce Noise
- Enhance Safety & Security
- Increase Privacy
- Prevent Fading from Ultraviolet Rays
- Coastal Impact Storm Protection
- Meets Title 24 (California)
5. Customize your windows and doors
Express yourself and the architectural vision you have for your home with decorative options. Browse our inspiration gallery for window and door ideas.
- Grille Profiles and Patterns
- Hardware Finishes
- Decorative Glass
6. How to buy
Now that you have an idea of what you want, let Ply Gem make choosing windows and doors easy. Ask for our products where ever you’re shopping for windows, including specialty dealers and retail home centers.
Are you replacing windows?
Selecting the right replacement windows and patio doors is a big decision. They can improve energy efficiency and curb appeal, and add to the beauty of your home’s interior design. Once you’ve set your budget, it’s time to get started.
Need windows for a new home?
Building a new home can be an exciting undertaking. Choosing design details and materials for every room of your home are big decisions that take time. Ply Gem Windows helps take the stress out of the process.