How to Clean Your Window Screens Before Winter
Without regular maintenance and cleaning a window screen can become dirty, damaged and will eventually need to be replaced. It’s always less expensive to clean your screens than it is to replace them, so save yourself a little money and take the time to take care of those screens.
Here are a few questions and answers to help you maintain your window screens, so they’ll last just as long as your windows.
How do I clean a window screen?
- First, remove it from the window frame.
- Use a mixture of mild soap and water and scrub the screen with a soft bristle brush.
- Brush both sides of the screen and around the interior and exterior of the frame.
- Rinse off the unit with lukewarm water.
- Make sure you allow the screen to dry completely before replacing it in the window.
Are there any “do’s and don’ts” of window screen cleaning?
Yes. NEVER pressure wash a window screen or window. The force of the water could damage the screen or window.
How often should window screens be cleaned?
Yearly cleaning is suggested.
Do window screens need to be removed during winter?
No. You can leave a window screen in year-round.