Awning Windows: How to Use This Window Style in Your Home
With summer quickly approaching, we’re dreaming of the many ways we can let in the warm, summer breeze. One of the first window styles that comes to mind is the awning window. This style is easy to operate and allows for ventilation even during those light summer rains. If you’re renovating an old beach house or wanting to give your home a style refresh, awning windows could be right for your home.
Benefits of awning windows.
- Protection From the Elements. Awning windows may boast style, but they’re designed to stand strong against weather and other unwanted elements because of the fusion-welded frames and multi-point locking system.
- Many Ways to Customize. Ply Gem proudly offers a myriad of style and color options to make your awning windows blend perfectly with your design style.
- Increase Curb Appeal. Awning windows add a unique look to the outside of your home and can make it stand out in the neighborhood.
- Easy to Clean and Maintain. Super easy to keep clean, vinyl awning windows from Ply Gem take the stress out of maintaining your exterior.
- Energy Efficient. Energy efficient glass helps keep you and your family cool during the summer and warm during the winter.
How to use awning windows in your home.
Are you ready to incorporate awning windows into your home, but are unsure of where they will bring the most benefit? We have some great suggestions that will not only add style to your home, but will also allow you to better enjoy the beautiful summer weather.
Bedroom - Imagine those nights with a soft summer drizzle lightly tapping your window. Awning windows are easily opened to allow the smell and sound of a light rain, without letting the moisture inside your home.
Kitchen - Awning windows are ideal in the kitchen. The flexibility of the window’s design is perfect for adding extra ventilation when cooking or baking.
Living room - Placing an awning window in the middle of your living space opens up your room to the beauty of the outdoors and brings natural light into your home. On days when the weather is warm, crack open your window for a light breeze.
Windows treatments for awning windows.
Window treatments, like curtains, are perfect for adding a little character to a traditional window. Because of the rectangular shape of a vinyl awning window, a longer style of drapery will add height to your walls and give a more complete look to your space.
Windows don’t have to be white — think outside of the box! You’d be surprised how sleek black can look when used on a window. Read our blog post on five reasons why black windows are actually on trend.
Find more window inspiration.
At Ply Gem, we’re proud to be your source of inspiration for all kinds of window decorating ideas. Visit our Pinterest page for a wide variety of fresh ways to approach embellishing your awning window.
Visualize awning windows on your home.
Ever wondered what awning windows would look like in your home? With Ply Gem’s Visualizer Tool, you can watch your home transform right before your eyes. All you have to do to get started is pick your home style, select an area of the home to change materials and colors, play around with your awning windows and then save it! After you think you have your home looking the way you want it, send it to a pro.
Ready to add awning windows to your home?
Find a pro in your area to get started utilizing beautiful awning windows in your home. Not only are they a stylish option that enhances your curb appeal, but they offer simplicity so you can spend less time worrying about your home, and more time enjoying it.